Title: Programme Officer (Higher Education Programme)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Open to: Kenyan Residents and Nationals
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Application deadline: Monday, October 14, 2019 (1700hrs Kenyan Time)
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organization established in 2011 and located in Nairobi, Kenya. PASGR works to enhance research excellence in governance and public policy that contributes to the overall wellbeing of all.
PASGR is the lead partner in Pedagogical Leadership in Africa (PedaL). PedaL is one of nine partnerships supported by Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education Innovation and Reform (SPHEIR). SPHEIR was established by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) to deliver systemic and sustainable change within higher education systems, enabling them to meet labour market needs and generate the job-ready, entrepreneurial graduates needed to accelerate development, build inclusive societies and promote strong economic growth. SPHEIR partnerships seek to transform the quality, relevance, access and affordability of higher education to achieve sustainable, systemic change.
In support of its work, PASGR seeks to recruit a Programme Officer to work within the Higher Education Programme. The right candidate should provide programmatic and technical support for successful implementation of programme activities in universities across the continent. S/He will report directly to the Director of Higher Education Programme (HEP).
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Support programme development and implementation: work closely with partner universities and an array of experts to design and roll out relevant programmes by undertaking background work, research, curricula reviews and writing strategy papers and presentation materials, and review and report progress in programme implementation;
- Promote partnerships: as primary contact between stakeholders and the partners, the officer will work collaboratively with partners to create, implement and sustain project initiatives and will support a rapidly expanding Community of Practice. S/He will undertake outreach to specific partner institutions as well as relevant regional and international organizations;
- Organize consultations and convenings: identify issues, information needs and consultation activities associated with development of the program; initiate and supervise consultative activities;
- Support Higher Education communications: provide technical support
- Any other duties assigned by PASGR Leadership.
- A Masters in Education or Social Sciences related field as a minimum; PhD qualification would be an added advantage;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in developing, implementing and evaluating programs/ projects in knowledge institutions and systems of which at least two must be at a national or regional level;
- Sound knowledge of issues in African Higher Education and Development gained from working experience in the African region;
- Ability to solve problems creatively, pay attention to detail and exercise good judgement;
- Hands-on experience in new forms of Information Communication Technology particularly Technology Enhanced Learning;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a diverse team, and interact professionally with partners, donors stakeholders and staff at all levels of the organization
This position attracts a competitive package and benefits.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to PASGR(firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 14, October 2019 at 1700hrs. Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
All applications must contain:
- Application letter stating why you are best suited for this role
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of 3 references
PASGR is an Equal Opportunity Employer